Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Maybe She's Born with it, Maybe it's Miss Ha.

If you haven't guessed, I love make up as much as I love clothes! I've been playing with makeup ever since I was a little girl sneaking into my mom's makeup bag. My mom used to keep all her makeup in a small navy blue cosmetic purse in her bathroom. I loved the smell of her makeup - she wore only the basics: powder, blush, lipstick and occasionally polished her nails. She has had the same tube of red lipstick for as long as I can remember; the same lipstick I use to sneak and apply on my lips to look fancy. She used her powder and blush so sparingly, they probably lasted her years. Of course, I learned years later as a teenager that make up does have an expiration date and should be tossed/replaced.

Some makeup pieces that I can't live without: my ever-trustworthy chapstick, concealer, mascara, eyeliner, and blush. I stock up on my favorites, but I am always on the lookout for fun make up for those special occasions. I am willing to splurge on my "can't live without" pieces, but I usually don't like to spend too much money. That's why I like the Korean-based makeup website http://www.missha.net/. Missha has the philosophy that makeup is a necessity (it is!) and should be affordable (definitely!). So what they do is have really simple packaging to keep the cost down. What I loved the most: there were a lot of items for less than $10 and even $5! The look is very simple, the website calls out bestsellers and weekly picks. My only complaint: the site was kind of slow.

Here are some of my favorites (prices included):

Blush $6.25
Eyebrow kit $4.99


Press Powder $7.99


Liquid eyeliner $4.99

White pencil liner $2.99

Pineapple Soap $2.99


Oil blotters $4.49

bubble-maker $2.99

Mango shower gel $5.49

Lip brush $4.99

Highlighter brush $4.99

Powder brush $6.99

No comments:

Post a Comment